News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad city 5 plus vs Radrunner 3 plus

Started by kep987, September 26, 2024, 03:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

kep987

Looking into getting either rad city 5 plus or radrunner 3 plus. This would be my first e bike and I'm hoping to use it to haul my 1 year old kiddo as well as just tour around / go on fun biking adventures, maybe using for picking up some groceries. Which would people recommend?

Thanks!!

Naranja_CT5+

In Canada the RC5+ is a lot cheaper than RR3+.
Have you looked at other brands?
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

John Rose

Hmm... The RadCity uses 27.5" x 2.0" tires, which I'm thinking would be a smoother and more stable ride than the 20" fat tires of the RadRunner, BUT I believe the 27.5" tire is a custom-sized job that would be rare to find except from Rad. Or maybe I'm thinking of the 22" tires on the RadWagon?

Both have front suspension - that's nice.

I like the way the RadRunner's rear rack seems better integrated (welded) with the frame compared to the bolt-on rack on the RadCity. If you plan to use a trailer for the kid and/or groceries, it may be less important.
Perhaps it would be best to see which combination of child seat and bike would suit you, until they are old enough to hang on and sit on a passenger seat.
Oh - Maybe the RadRunner Caboose seat accessory:

You'd definitely want a step-through model for any kind of child seat.

Another thing to consider is the payload capacity.
RadRunner "350 lb (158.7 kg), 265 lb. max rider" (I think they mean the main rider of 265 lbs, not the passenger)
For the RadCity they simply say "275 lb (125 kg)"
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Support the rad owners forum