News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover 6 Plus High step - No PAS and no Throttle

Started by daver6640, September 27, 2024, 08:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

daver6640

Hello,

I had the infamous no PAS or throttle. I did the obvious which was check the connections, disconnect the brake sensors, and also the main screen and I still had the issue.  My issue was intermittent with no error codes. After a day of troubleshooting with Rad support we determined the issue is most likely the controller.  I am out of warranty so I paid $150.  I live in California in the Central Valley so I ordered on Thursday and it arrived today Friday September 27th around 11:00 am!  That was fast!
I watched several YouTube video describing the difficulty in tackling this job.  The controller can be difficult to line up with the screws.  After dissembling the battery area I did two things to make life easier:  1.  I flipped the bike over.  2.  I had a larger screw about 2.5" long.  By flipping the bike over I had easier access to the two screw holes.  The larger screw was able to line up with the controller easier compared to the original screws.  Once I had the top screw (2.5") I then I flipped the bike over again where it was now upright on its kickstand and then I installed the original screw on the bottom hole and then went back and installed the original screw in the top hole.  I could not hand tighten the original screws.  I had to use an allen wrench to start the screws but it worked.  The whole project took about 2.5 hours.
If you take your time and are not rushing the job is not that bad.  Lining up the screws of the controller is the hardest thing to do but with the 2.5" long screws it worked like a charm.  I have attached pics of the tools I used and the screws I bought at Home Depot.

Some folks have mentioned when they install the controller that the key lock mechanism is hard to put back.  I have a pic that shows the left side where there are two wires and they should be on put of each other and pushed in.  This should allow ample room for the lock mechanism. 

I went on a 5 mile ride today but will monitor it to see if this actually fixed my issue.  For the past two days the bike PAS and throttle have not worked but once I installed the controller it now works.

David

Support the rad owners forum