News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Intermittent Power loss, Rad City 5

Started by Franklueck, October 01, 2024, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Franklueck

Hi Guys,
I am experiencing intermittent power loss of the motor, symptoms are the bike runs great for a few miles then then the motor / throttle stops responding, All lights and controller still powered up, I tried disconnecting the brake connections with no change, tried checking all electrical connections good but if I disconnect the Battery then reconnect the battery the motor starts working again, My bike does have a few miles (3400) and other than that the bike runs great

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is occurring?

RadMagnus

RadMagnus

Quote from: Franklueck on October 01, 2024, 01:48:26 PMHi Guys,
I am experiencing intermittent power loss of the motor, symptoms are the bike runs great for a few miles then then the motor / throttle stops responding, All lights and controller still powered up, I tried disconnecting the brake connections with no change, tried checking all electrical connections good but if I disconnect the Battery then reconnect the battery the motor starts working again, My bike does have a few miles (3400) and other than that the bike runs great

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is occurring?

See my other post here - might help you..
"I cut off the stripes holding the engine cable - disconnected the engine cable (closest to the wheel) - connected back again and now it has run without stop for 3 days... Yesterday, I experienced the engine kind of 'jerking' – as if it dies for half a second and then starts again. This happened while driving at 30 km/h..

The engine has been through three hard winters with a lot of snow etc. Can it be the engine that is coming to an end of its life?? Can you change the engine cable or do some magic to it?"

Support the rad owners forum