News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover Battery longevity question

Started by ChrisG, February 06, 2024, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

ChrisG

Curious as to just how long a battery should last before it is expected to reach its end of life span (years)? My bike its almost 3 years old now and the battery seams good as new. Just anticipating how old they get before everyone is facing buying a replacement?

inoxa

it all depends on the number charging cycles and how much throttle you use. 

I got 7000 out of a battery before I started having problems.  I burned the wiring because of too much current flowing.  After repaired it was almost as good as new.  But range for me is much lower because of have several hills I tackle. 

mrgold35

I have two 2016 Radrovers with around 8000 miles between them.  I have three batteries I rotate between the two rovers.  Looks like my max range of 30-32 miles at PAS 2/3 is down to around 25-27 miles at PAS 2/3.  Still works out because my max mileage on a ride is always under 20-22 miles.  Only when I can't complete a norm ride is when I will consider replacement of the battery pack or the entire ebike.

The wife has an 2018 Radcity with only 1000 miles.  I don't know if her battery pack has issues because she doesn't ride as far or as much.

inoxa

Too cold and too hot can reduce battery performance

mbates50

inoxa

Quote from: mbates50 on September 21, 2024, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: inoxa on February 07, 2024, 06:57:54 AMToo cold and too hot can reduce battery performance

what a dumb reply

Not really it is true.  If the battery gets too cold or if the battery gets too hot due to ambient temperatures, performance of the battery will be reduced.  Longevity of the battery will also be reduced. 

Support the rad owners forum