News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Center display malfunction after bike sitting in the sun

Started by Harrydmoore, July 06, 2024, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Harrydmoore

Hi All,
I've owned my Rover 6 for about 6 weeks and am really enjoying it. I've run into a problem with the central display. The numbers lose part of their segments after the bike has been parked in the sun. I must have missed that warning in the owners manual :(
Seems kind of silly for something that's supposed to be used outside to not be able to sit in the sun...
Anyhow, I have a couple of questions:
1. will the display recover?
2. Anything I can do to improve the odds of recovery?
3. I was thinking I'd just put an old sock over the display when I have to park it in the sun. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!!

inoxa

If it is under warranty, have RAD replace it.

Doubtful it will recover.  It is just defective. 

If it isn't a new bike then you could consider a new controller upgrade.  It will boost your speed some and add torque.  It will come with one color display to replace the 2 displays you have now. 

Area13 or electro bike world will carry it. 

Tree

Quote from: inoxa on July 06, 2024, 02:56:46 PMIf it isn't a new bike then you could consider a new controller upgrade.  It will boost your speed some and add torque.  It will come with one color display to replace the 2 displays you have now. 

Area13 or electro bike world will carry it. 

this is probably the next step for me and my 2 1/2 year old RR6+. just added a second battery (not running in tandem), so now need to determine which controller i like better.

Support the rad owners forum