News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radwagon engine goes rogue and propulses the chain

Started by Julien, July 21, 2024, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Julien

Hello,

I am the desperate owner of a radwagon4. It has been a very stressful and long journey et that seems to never end.

I almost killed my kids twice with the exploding tire issue and globally radpower support team is very nice but never solved anything. From dead controller, dead battery pack to defective wires etc.

The recent problem I have is that now when I stop pedaling the assistance goes full throttle and pushes the chain so hard it derails. I cannot drive more than 5 minutes before it happens and I don't know what to fix here.

Any help on what / how to diagnose then fix would be appreciated.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: Julien on July 21, 2024, 03:40:18 PMwhen I stop pedaling the assistance goes full throttle and pushes the chain so hard it derails.
This kind of got me curious because this happened to me on higher PA.Once I have climbed the hill, I would stop pedaling and the bike still moves forward. And I do not mean moving forward due to momentum. Definitely I do not notice it on PA1 or PA2.

Sorry I am confused when you said it pushes the chain. You mean the motor on the rear pushes the chain towards the main chain ring? In my experience with bikes, the only time I get derailed is when I am changing gears with misadjusted derailleurs and loose chains.

I remember in my mid 20's I rode my new Yamaha Seca to meet my friends camping. One of my friend asked me if he can ride my bike. He assured me he knows how to ride. The short story is that it was a mistake. He ended up in the ditch. The reason I am saying this is because how he end up in the ditch. When he was turning, he squeezed the brake lever to slow down but to get a tighter squeeze he inadvertently twisted the throttle which catapulted him to the ditch. I wondered if you may have done a similar motion.

Good luck
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Julien

Thanks.

When you said it pushes the chain. I mean the motor on the rear pushes the chain towards the main chain ring.

Like if the engine was trying to help me because I was pushing the chain but I am not pedaling.

It also happens with help deactivated and maybe with engine off, so maybe you are right it is related to the derailing system that is not well configured anymore. No clue with that would have changed suddenly.

inoxa

The motor will continue for a few moments after you stop peddling unless brakes are applied.

I lean towards dirty chain and cogs.  As well as alignment of the derailer. 

Support the rad owners forum