News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radster Trail vs Radster Road

Started by AxlesUp, August 04, 2024, 01:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

AxlesUp

The spec sheets on the rad power site seems to show these bikes as being fundamentally identical.

I would appreciate any input from peeps that have ridden these bikes or own them.

I see they have different tires, wheels & handle bars. The road has a better front fender and a chain guard.

what else am i missing?

I live in a quiet suburb, work across the street from my house and really have no need to ever go into the city or own a car.  I would be riding the bike mainly for running errands and getting much needed exercise.  The infrastructure in West TN is pretty poor and unfriendly to pedestrians and cyclist.  The local shop does service rad power bikes but does not really stock them so no test rides here.

I am sure i am overlooking something obvious or over thinking the little things.  Feel free to straighten me out i am a big boy i can take it :)

inoxa

I think you are overthinking a little.  I have not ridden or own either of those models.  The Road will have road tires and will be quieter and better fender for protecting from water.  The Trail is meant to be off road.  So the tires will be knobby. 

Both will get you where you are going.  Consider the look you want because they will basically preform the same. 

If you have hills in your area, consider if this bike will be strong enough for you. I have the Rover 5 that has been upgraded and can handle decent hills.  But as it was stocked it would drastically drag on hills.  If you are fit and don't mind the work then either of those models will work.  If you prefer a smooth ride on the road the go with the Road.  If you will go on a trail or in the grass then maybe the Trail. 

One other thing to consider is your age on whether you can get your leg over the seat.  My Rover is a mid step and if I have a basket on the back I have a harder time getting my leg over it.  So you might consider a step through if you are shorter or ride your sit high as I do. 

I have the Rover mid step and a different brand step through.  I ride them both and enjoy them differently.  But I ride roads and want the speed and be able to tackle hills.  I don't often ride when wet so it is rare that the fenders help me. 

Of course if you get the trail and don't like the tires you can swap them later.  I get over 4000 miles on my front tires and less on the rear.  Both my bikes are fat tire. 

Hope this helps some. 

Radio Runner

I'm trying to figure out if they have the same rim width. The trail is a way better color and would like to put skinny tires on it like the R.Road has but you won't be able to if the rims are twice as wide.

It's hard to find a good picture showing the width of the rim cross section.

Support the rad owners forum