News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radster Trail Increase Top Assisted Speed 20>28mph in Canada?

Started by Jimiga, August 07, 2024, 10:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Jimiga

I recently bought a Radster Trail and learned after the fact that bikes sold in Canada are restricted to 20mph / Class 2.

Is it possible to unlock the pedal assisted 28mph / Class 3 top speed? There are plenty of long quiet roads near my home town where it would sometimes just be great to up the tempo a little bit before backing off again on the trails. Responsible dad here just wanting that bit more oomph when it's safe!

I found guides to do this for other Rad bikes but nothing for the new Trail just yet.

Great to join the chat here!

John Rose

Hmmm. 🤔

This display is new to me, so I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that if you do some button-mashing and more-or-less follow the procedure for finding the menus on bikes with this sort of display ...

... then you'd probably get lucky and stumble onto a menu to bump the speed limit up a few klicks. Make a note of any original settings that you later change, in case Things Go Horribly Wrong.

I do know that you can't change anything with the all-in-one LED display.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Carl Souchereau

I'm in Calgary and looking to do the same modification. So far I haven't been able to find anything for the Radster Trail.

Support the rad owners forum