News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Intermittent power loss

Started by knolldwight48@gmail.com, August 20, 2024, 11:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

knolldwight48@gmail.com

I have a 2022 RAD Mini Step Thru with 1700 mi on it. Loved it at first until it quit on me. First time it blew the 40amp fuse on the battery. Replaced the fuse and it started again. Rode it for about 25 mi. and it blew another fuse. Replaced the fuse and it went twenty to thirty miles before it quit again. This time it did not blow a fuse. Just quit, no throttle, no assist, no voltage. Took it to a local, RAD approved shop. Shop owner took it for a ride as it magically began working again. Shop owner couldn't duplicate failure so he diagnosed it to be a bad motor. Thats a $450 part so I took it home. Rode it for about another 30mi before it quit again. Called RAD tech support and they diagnosed it as a bad controller which seemed logical to me. Bought a new controller, installed it, and rode it for less that 5mi before it failed again. Just stops. Anybody else have this issue. It's running right now but I don't trust it.

inoxa

do you use full speed all often?  or nearly?  if so then you may have you battery wires over heating. 
I had to replace the battery cradle connector and the connector on the battery.  you will probably know this if it is difficult to remove the battery. 

Support the rad owners forum