News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Power Bikes Labor Day Sale 2024 ($999 ebikes!)

Started by Ryan, August 21, 2024, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Ryan

Curious if anyone is biting at these prices for Rad's Labor Day Sale. Rad Power Bikes is really shaking things up with a fire sale on the RadCity 5 Plus and RadRover 6 Plus—both are going for just $999! The RadRunner 2 is also seeing a nice price cut, with $200 off the usual price. Their newest models, the Radster Road and Radster Trail, aren't getting any love in the discount department. Same goes for the RadWagon 5 (which is still my go-to 2 kid cargo ride) and the RadExpand 5 Plus, now priced at $2,099. No deals there, unfortunately.

Be sure to use the forum link if you decide to buy: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ (thanks!)

Ledbetter

I bought the City 5+ for $999 and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I have five other bike/trikes, but this is my first electric. I figure the heavily discounted models will soon be discontinued in favor of newer models, so it's like a close out. I'm looking forward to joining "the dark side," as I've always thought of e-biking as cheating. Can't wait for it to get here.

Has anyone put 27.5 X 2.25 tires on a City 5+ ? I have an extra pair that size sitting around. I'm thinking I might have to remove the fenders to get them to fit the City5+, as I did for my Townie cruiser.

Great to find a forum, thanks to the admin for keeping it up.

DickB

Quote from: Ledbetter on August 22, 2024, 01:01:10 PMI'm looking forward to joining "the dark side," as I've always thought of e-biking as cheating. Can't wait for it to get here.

I checked the rule book - nope, not cheating.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: Ledbetter on August 22, 2024, 01:01:10 PMI'm looking forward to joining "the dark side,"
I like the dark side. They have cookies.
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Mike Dupre

1600- in Canada...  I paid 2K for mine spring '23 and loaded up some accessories to boot. So much for my re-sale value which is a drag but it's a fine bike, a steal at these prices. I've had two summers of use (2400km) that I would have missed so I figure it cost me an extra .30 per km for not waiting but who knew?

jastewart325

I have had a City 5+ for two plus years and was interested to see Rad Roadster-- pretty clearly a replacement/upgrade of my bike. I have not ridden it, but I looked at the specs and handled one at our local showroom. Of course I'm biased, but if cost is much of a factor for you I Would recommend the City 5+. It is now offered at $999!--less than half of what I paid for my bike a couple of years ago, and less than half of the Rad Roadster's price.

Yes, the torque sensor likely makes for a more natural-feeling ride, something I value as a longtime cyclist. But I don't see all the added bells and whistles of the  Rad Roadster justifying paying more than double for it. More torque for hills? I live in hilly Seattle and have no problem. Greater range? Not an issue for me.

I went to the local Rad showroom to see the Roadster, wondering how much weight they had shaved off of the City 5+, which is a behemoth. I learned that they had taken off -10 lb, meaning they had made it 10 pounds heavier!

Support the rad owners forum