News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadCity5+ error 30 , sharp snapping sound when I insert the battery.

Started by MARK BARRON, August 22, 2024, 04:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

MARK BARRON

error 30 started a week ago. I checked all connectors and used dielectric grease on them and on the battery connections. I was able to get the bike going by simply dis- / reconnecting connectors. It worked for 2 30 rides. Now a cannot get error 30 to stop. The snapping sound at the battery happens even when I disconnect the cable to the hub. Many thanks for reading, Mark

MARK BARRON

Error 30 remains. Used a Q-tip and alcohol and the battery snapping sound is gone.

inoxa

Quote from: MARK BARRON on August 23, 2024, 04:22:22 AMError 30 remains. Used a Q-tip and alcohol and the battery snapping sound is gone.

just curious where you used the q-tip? 

Ledbetter

I wish I'd known that Rad sends these bikes out untested when they know how failure prone the controllers are. Wouldn't have wasted my time on this bike. Code 30 error after two days riding.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: Ledbetter on August 30, 2024, 01:55:24 PMRad sends these bikes out untested
I will not be surprised if manufacturers do not test every single product that leaves their factories. But I suspect their quality control department does a fair amounts of random testing on bikes that comes out. Having said that, I think my second e-bike will not be a RAD.

After 2 days of riding you still have your warranty and you should exercise your right for RAD support.
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Support the rad owners forum