News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

No error code but motor not spinning

Started by Naranja_CT5+, September 08, 2024, 08:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Naranja_CT5+

I took the bike out for a ride this afternoon unfortunately I only got 10 blocks and I had to turn back. My area was flat so I was not noticing I had no power on my motor. I had power to both UI and PAS console but no wattage levels when I twist the accelerator. I tried powering on and off but still no joy. Got off the bike lift the rear wheel and test the motor. Checked all the connectors. Same result so I went back home because I left my tools behind.

The problem turned out to be a misadjusted brake lever. Earlier in the day my brakes felt like it needs tightening up. So per instructions I adjusted the little screw, I guess I have overdone it. Reversing what I did solved the problem.

I am only posting this as a warning to someone new to electric bikes like myself. I thought I had the dreaded controller problem but I'm glad it's a user error.

Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

snoopy00

Thank you! I'm having the same issue and I'll try this out.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: snoopy00 on September 18, 2024, 09:32:59 AMThank you! I'm having the same issue and I'll try this out.
You can pivot the kickstand to lift the wheel off the ground. It saves you from lifting dead weight.

I hope it solves your problem. Good luck
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Support the rad owners forum